Monday, July 11, 2011

Busy, Busy, Busy!!!

We've had a fun, crazy busy summer so far! Here's a recap of our recent happenings..


Hailey learned how to hold her own bottle...it was one of my proudest moments - I gained a bit of freedom...but only a bit - she's such a big girl!

Hailey loves to play upstairs with Addi in the toy room. I looked up to see this big baby standing up, looking down on me with a big, cheesy grin.


Addi loves this cooking hat and apron. She puts it on wrong, but I don't have the heart to tell her..she's sure cute!


On June 28th, we went up to the Uintas and camped overnight with our cute girls. We had a fun time. We cooked steaks, baked potatoes, and corn on the cob, and of course s'mores. Next time, we go, we decided that we will just stick to easy hot dogs! There was still a bunch of snow up in the mountains, so we were a bit limited on where we could go, but we found a great spot. Addi was so excited to sleep in the tent. We got a nice blow up queen mattress, and thought we would have a great night's sleep. I was worried about bears, and stayed awake almost all night. Plus, it was so squishy with the four of us crammed into one bed that there wasn't really any way I was going to sleep anyway. As soon as the sun came up, Addison woke up. I did my best to ignore her, but what she said was pretty funny. She tried to wake me up, and said, "Mom! Hey Mom. Dad...Daddy! Hey you guys!...Hmmm, maybe I can whistle...Yoohooo."

Standing by the tent with her big stick!


Hailey spent a lot of time in the car seat because I didn't want her crawling on the dirt. Next time we'll bring the pack n' play. She was a good baby despite being cooped up in the car seat.



Travis enjoying his baked potato


Our feast


The cookers


Mommy and Hailey


Daddy and Hailey


Us...what a fun way to celebrate our anniversary...! We actually went to a Marriott the next night and had a break from kids with good food and fun. Thanks to Kelli and Jo for making it possible!


Sweet baby Hay


Addi has been obsessed with doing my hair lately. She ties her blanket around her waist like an apron and combs away.


Addi and her cousin Ethan had a fun time the other day and did my hair for about an hour. This was the result...Nice, eh?




On July 2nd, we went to the Centerville parade. We had a fun time...like always!



Nice attempt to get a picture of all of the grandkids...not the best!



Sweet holiday cuties!


Addi's big pup got a hole in it and Travis told her he would fix it...Who knew he knows how to sew?? I was impressed, and thought it was sweet!



The other day I was feeding Hailey, and had to run to the bathroom. When I came back, this is what I found. Thanks to big sister Addison for her help with feeding the baby!

6 comments:

Jolene said...

Funny, cute precious kids. I especially like your new hair style. Good for Trav for sewing up the dog. AND why does my kid like camping out so much????

Nate and Alyssa said...

Fun!! Nate wants to take the boys camping but the thought of sleeping on the ground in a tent at 7.5 months pregnant isn't something I have high on my list! I LOVE LOVE the hair do! Lincoln wants to do my hair sometimes but only after I have just put it up or curled it. And w don't have any cute cliipies at my house. I can't believe how long your hair is! Love you!!

Janelle Call Davis said...

Holy meat batman!! Who ate all that steak while you were camping? No wonder you were worried about bears, you brought enough meat to feed the three little bears.

Love the hair you should have gone to the grocery store like that and acted very casual like you wear your hair like that every day. You are such a fun Momma.

Glad to see that Trav's Home Ec class paid off. Do you think he could whip up some lovely curtains for me?

Paige said...

What a fun mommy you are. Such cute little girls too! I love the hair pics - you look like such a hippie in them :) Ha!

troyandmadi said...

Yeah ... I can't quite get that meat picture outta my mind. Ha! Janelle and I seem to be on the same wave length because I was thinking the exact same thing. It was just you two and your girls, right?

Iris said...

Your girls are adorable!!! I love reading your blog.