Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy, Happy Weekend!

Warning...long post ahead!!


This weekend was full of celebrations. It was sure fun...and exhausting! Today my sweet, funny, darling, one-of-a-kind Addison turned two. When I asked her this morning how old she was, she said, "Um, five minutes." It really feels that way to me. I can't believe how fast she grew, and how much she has changed.

Because we have partied all weekend, Addison was beyond exhausted tonight. Fortunately for me, it was the 'sweet, I want to cuddle kind of tired' instead of 'throw an angry fit tired', and I got to rock her to sleep. As I held her in my arms, I couldn't help be feel so blessed to be her momma. She is so great, and I am so lucky that she's mine! I really don't have the words to describe how I feel, other than blessed and lucky! I love Addison so much, and I am happy that she is growing, and I am loving every minute of it..mostly!

We celebrated Addi's birthday with the Gines on Friday. We had a Mickey Mouse party complete with Mickey Ears, and Hot Dogs Hot Dogs Hot Diggity Dogs for dinner. Addison picked out a Mickey birthday cake that she talked about for weeks, and didn't even taste - the kid really doesn't like sugar! We had such a fun time, and Addi got so many fun things including a play kitchen that she loves, and an apron and chef's hat, pots and pans, a baby stroller, and a fun book. Thanks to all that were there!







Today, we woke up to see what the Easter Bunny brought, and then had a nice breakfast with hard-boiled eggs, cinnamon rolls, and orange slices.





After morning conference, we headed to Jo Jo's for a lunch, and a fun egg hunt.














Cousin Ethan and Addi have birthdays three days apart. Late this afternoon, we went to up to the Grandpa's house, and had a big party for both of them. Once again, we had yummy food, and lots of fun presents, but this time Addi actually ate some birthday cake!






8 comments:

troyandmadi said...

Happy to You Addi! We love that you are such a big part of our life Little Ladybug!

Jolene said...

Love the sun glasses and the marshmellow bunny cake, what a great idea. Addi is special beyond words. Love all the pictures and I was glad the snow melted so we could hunt for eggs outside.

Nate and Alyssa said...

Happy Birthday Miss Addi!! Sorry we didn't call on you day, we are a little dysfunctional on the weekends. Love you cute girl!!

Chelsea said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ADDIE!! Wow I cannot believe our babes are already two!!! (Well almost both of them) They need to stop growing up!! What a darling little grown up girl. She is such a doll Nat. Looked so cute in all the pics. Love the Mickey Birthday Party and that you served Hot dogs!! I bet it was a dream come true for her!!Glad you guys had a great weekend

Sonia said...

Two years old already! She is such a little lady, so cute. Looks like you had quite the weekend celebrating.

James and Melissa said...

Happy birthday to Addie! She looks so grown up--it goes way too fast! And what a fun weekend! I'm so glad everything is going so well. I miss you!

Shani said...

Whew! Sounds like you guys had a fun and busy week! Both of her cakes were so dang cute. And that apron and hat for her little kitchen? LOVE it.

The Fisher's said...

Loving the sparkly shoes! Such a big girl! Congrats on having a 2 yr old officially now, though it sounds as if it's been unofficial for a while... I'm not enjoying the terribly stubborn almost 2 yr old around here. Why do they have to grow up and think for themselves ;)