Monday, October 4, 2010

Two and a Half...


My little Addi is two and a half today. Where did the time go? Addison is such a character! She is full of life and keeps me on my toes. Addison is such a smart girl. She talks all of the time and is always keeping me laughing with her funny stories, and silly ideas.

Addison does not nap any more...BOO! She is pretty stubborn, and will stay awake in her room making a mess and doing anything but sleeping for a good hour or so. Tired of fighting her, I just decided that nap time is a thing of the past. It makes bedtime come earlier, and usually with less of a fight than before, but remember that I have a stubborn daughter, and getting her to settle down at all is a big accomplishment!


Sometimes Addison likes to pretend that she is a baby or a puppy, and will go for hours at a time playing at that role. It's funny to watch her imagination grow. She is so clever, and is constantly surprising me with the things she comes up with.


Addison has really made some awesome big girl steps in the last few months. Travis convinced her to cut up her binkies about two months ago, and although we had a few rough nights, the transition has been pretty smooth. Addi has been in "pineapple underwear" (Goofy wears pineapple underwear), or big girl panties for a little over a week now. She has only had a few accidents, and wakes up dry every morning. I'm really proud of her and excited for the things that she is accomplishing.


Addi loves to color. She loves to go to nursery and play with the kids. She's the oldest in her nursery class, (we have two in our ward) and has quickly become the star. She loves to sing, and taught her class her own verse to 'Wheels on the Bus', where the "Daddy on the bus goes, "ZzzZZzz", (snores), all through the town." Addi loves to go to the park, and keeps busy playing with her cousin Ethan. Addi's new favorite show is 'The Backyardigans'. She sings and dances with the show and would watch it all day if I let her.

We're gearing up for baby Hailey's arrival in about two weeks, and Addison is excited. She talks to Hailey everyday, and can't wait to hold her little sister. We have recently gotten out the swing, bouncer, pack n' play, and carseat, and she has had lots of fun putting her dolls and stuffed animals in them. I'm excited to see how she really responds to the REAL baby. I hope it is a smooth transition!


I love Addison and I'm so glad to be her mom. She is a joy in my life, and my favorite little friend!

4 comments:

Jolene said...

She is such a character, I giggle every time I am around her. She comes up with the craziest things to say. Love the first picture and the one in your shoes is priceless. How blessed I am to call her my grandbaby!!

Chelsea said...

What a cute fun little girl!! I wanna hang out with her, sounds like you guys have a lot of fun! You look great Nat, you are almost there!! Weren't we just pregnant? It's crazy how fast life flies!! Good luck with everything- excited to see your little Hailey

Adam And Jessica said...

I miss you guys!!! I hope you are doing well let me know if you need anything. Sorry I never get to see you.

Meghan said...

i love this little update. we too are losing the nap battle. sad, but ok. i really cant believe she is only 2.5. she has always seemed old for her age. good luck with the transition and don't worry too much about anything... everybody will figure things out and be ok.

ps. i hung out with mike from your old work the other day. he is great and all your old friends said to tell you hi.