Monday, January 31, 2011

Happenings

I can't believe that tomorrow is February. Where does the time go? We've been up to a whole lotta nothin' lately as we are trying to dodge the RSV season with a still new-ish babe, but we're having fun doing it! Each day is a new day, which is the only thing that keeps me sane some days. I hear Addison say, "Pway wiff me!" about 4,300 times a day, and although it's cute and charming..it can get old! All she wants to do is play! I just wish that I didn't have things to do, like laundry, cleaning the house, and pumping..constantly pumping! Then, I could "pway" with her all day. Sometimes our days and routine get a bit old, but I wouldn't trade them for the world!

Hailey is growing WAY too fast. She acts like she's a six month old baby. She always wants to sit up, and can almost do it by herself. She's super close to rolling over, holds toys, blows raspberries, babbles, and constantly kicks her legs..all things that make me think she's much older than she really is. Not to mention that she is HUGE! Her cheeks have always been squishy and wonderful, but she also has wonderful rolly thighs and arms that I can't keep my hands off of!


The other day she was proped on the couch, and tipped over. She just laughed and cooed while she flopped like a fish on her belly. Apparently we need to be more cautious about just putting her down.

Today we ventured out of the house for a big adventure. Addison went to gymnastics, and LOVED it! She did such a great job following the teacher, listening to the instructions, and waiting for her turn. I was really impressed with her abilities. She got put in the younger class, but by the end, she got an invitation to move up the the bigger kid's class next week. Hopefully she'll continue to love it. It's just the sort of thing she needs to keep her busy, and give her something to look foward to each week.


If you've spent any time with Addison, you know that she is very particular about, well..pretty much everything! She has to do things in a certain order, say certain things, and wear certain clothes. She hates when things are uncomfortable or tight. Lately, she's been saying that her coat, boots, or pants are "teasing" her when they are uncomfortable. Seat belts seem like the biggest "tease" of all. Luckily, Aunt Berta created a staying safe incentive which encourages Addi to wear her seat belt safely. Each time she earns five stickers for not taking off, or wiggling out of her belt, she gets something fun, like a trip to McDonalds Play Place, or a prize from the Dollar Store. It's seemed to work, and makes car trips much more enjoyable! Now if there was just an incentive program that could get rid of her crazy OCD antics, I would be a happy Momma. Instead, I just have to play by her rules, and fine-tune my negociation skills!



Addison took this picture of her handsome Daddy. She loves him so much. Unfortunately, he works A LOT, and his work schedule is a bit crazy. He works noon to midnight Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and every other Thursday. He also works Mondays at 6 PM - 6 AM. Of course, it doesn't end there. Trav picks up shifts constantly. Most weekends instead of coming home after the end of his 12 hour shift, he stays on and works until 3 AM, and sometimes picks up shifts on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and every other Thursday. Thank goodness we can share calendars on our iPhones, otherwise I wouldn't be able to keep track of him! Every morning before Trav heads off to work, Addison reminds him that she needs a kiss and a hug, and says, "I won't miss you, Dad. Here, let me open the door. Now leave." I guess that's her way of coping, but it sure makes us laugh! We have started Skyping with Travis while he's at work. It helps when we have long days to be able to log on and video chat with him. Addi sure loves it!

Travis has been working out like crazy. He's figured out a pretty sweet way to get the work out in too. His treadmill is right in front of his 11 foot screen, and he walks on incline while playing video games. He burns about 800-1100 calories in about 45 minutes. Our treadmill goes up to 40% incline. Currently he's at 33%. He's lost 25 lbs! He looks great!

There are no pictures of me..and things are pretty much the same in my life now. I'm still working for my Dad, but only just barely (only about 5-10 hrs/week). My kids are my life and are keeping me busy! I love being a Mom, and I'm lucky to do it full time. Thanks to Trav for making it possible for me!

Life is swell!

5 comments:

Jolene said...

I love that Addi loves to do "summersaults." It will be good for her. I love Hailey's chubby cheeks. Cute babies that I don't see nearly enough.

The Whitney's said...

I love that Travis works out while he is playing video games. I guess now he can play more games because he can tell you that he needs to work out! You go Trav! you burn that fat! Addison is so amazing, I love her! I'm so happy that she loves Gymnastics I can't wait to put Cambree in dance/gymnastices!

We Loves you guys so much and I really wish that we lived closer so we could play on your long days!

Nate and Alyssa said...

love your cute family!!!

Shani said...

Glad you are doing well! Can't believe how big your baby is getting!

The Fisher's said...

Awww, I'd "pway wiff" her if I were you :)

Did your Dad mention we'll be at his house on the 27th? We're actually all (hopefully) going to be in town, so just a heads up - it'd be fun to see all you guys :) Like 3:30ish till 6:30ish.