Monday, February 14, 2011

I Love Us!

Things in our life are not ideal...far from it actually. Our schedules are goofy, our 2.5 yr old is a bully, our newborn won't nap or nurse, and this momma is short on patience at times. Luckily though, we somehow make it work. Actually, we are beyond blessed and have so many things to be thankful for!! However, there was no way I could have pictured in my mind as a young girl, the way I spent my Valentine's evening...on the bathroom floor with two screaming babies.

Tonight, after a lovely evening at my Dad's complete with Chinese food, sugar cookies, birthday cake, and chocolate covered strawberries, all to celebrate my birthday, we headed home. Every few days we go through the same struggle with Addison. Unfortunately, she got her momma's poop issues. She waits and waits, holds it, and holds it, but eventually it has to come out, and when it does, it's a painful, unhappy experience for all involved. Tonight was no exception, this time I had an overtired baby that needed to be fed, in addition to a struggling toddler stuck on the pot, screaming in pain. There were lots of tears from EVERYONE involved, and my heart is still aching hours later, but we survived.

There are lots of times that I wish Travis could be home more often, to give me extra hands, and help, but the time he is able to be with us, makes me appreciate it all the more! I'm lucky he is willing to work so hard for us, and that he "gets" me. He has given me the greatest gifts..our two sweet girls, and despite our flaws, and tough days...I LOVE US!

4 comments:

troyandmadi said...

Momma's poop issues? How many followers do you have? Ha!
I love you Nat! I'm so sorry for your struggles last night - you should have called me. I think you are amazing and don't know how you do it all!

Paige said...

I am sorry, but this made me laugh! I have the SAME life! We had a super horrifying poop issue with Henry this week - and it seems every week - and he is the bully! I am excited for them to spend more time with each other :) Sorry that it was so rough though - that is awful. Your babes are adorable though and you are super lucky. Hope you had a great birthday besides the rough birthday eve.

Nate and Alyssa said...

Love you!! Hope the Enchiladas last night made up for the 'crappy' night before!! They do get easier!

Jolene said...

We love you too. Enjoy these days. You will get old and forget 90% of them. You are doing a great job as momma.