Friday, May 6, 2011

Too Big...Too Fast!

Hailey will be seven months old this month. I just can't get over how quickly the time went by. At around 5 months, I started feeding her rice cereal, but she just wasn't liking it. She would spit it out with every bite. I thought she was just trying to get accustomed to eating solid-ish food, and so I kept trying it. She would just spit it all out.




Last week, I made baby food. I made squash, sweet potatoes, and pears. We started out with the sweet potatoes because I had the most of those...and she LOVED them! She ate like a pro and smiled and giggled the whole time I fed her. After I realized she just didn't care for the rice cereal, I bought some oatmeal, and she likes it too. So, now I have a solid eater...sigh!

Maybe about two weeks ago, Hailey rolled from her back to her belly. Now, whenever she's on her back, she'll immediately roll onto her tummy, and turn herself around in circles. She pushes off of the couch, and other things, and scoots to get things she wants. I think she'll be crawling sooner than later!



This picture is for Alyssa...just more photographic evidence that Hailey could be your kid. She sucks her fingers just like Lys did! Crazy stuff!

Hailey also loves to suck on her toes. I don't let her do it much..I just keep socks on her toes most of the time, because she has Trav's sharp, pointed big toe nails. No matter how I cut them, they seem to grow twice as long the next day, and they stick out at a crazy angle that snags her lip when she sucks on her toes.

No post is complete without pictures of this big girl. She is learning how to wink, and is obsessed with this pink fire helmet. We got her a Disney Princesses bike helmet that actually fits her head, but she prefers this cool motorcycle helmet. She's a silly goose! Addison loves to be outside. She rides her bike while looking for rocks to add to her collection that is in the special compartment of her bike. In case you didn't know, my daugher is an OCD collector of things. She loves to line things up and categorize things...wonder where she gets the OCD fetish from?

2 comments:

Janelle Call Davis said...

Way to make your own baby food! You officially are a hippie... And everyone thought I was the hippie with the no meat, big feet, I eat wood... I love these girls so much- thanks for posting these pics. Hailey is a doll, I can't believe she's as big as she is. And miss Addison... I love that wink. Nat and Trav, I am thrilled for you. Keep up the great work with those kids, I know that you try so hard with them and I am amazed at how they have grown.

Nate and Alyssa said...

Making baby food is the way to go! You save sooo much money!! I love that miss Hailey sucks her fingers!! Hopefully she grows out of it before you have to use her Baptism as a threat!! That picture of Addi Mae is so GREAT!! Love the wink! Finny winks back and forth between eyes.