Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Hailey at Eight Months



I can't believe that this sweet baby is 8 months old already! Our lives wouldn't be the same without her, and it's just crazy for me to think that she's already been around for so long!




Hailey learned how to scream last week. She does either happy screams or mad screams..either way, it's loud! She's been sick and grumpy..I'm hoping the grumpiness will go away because at 8 months, her big sis, Addi turned into a monster baby, and I'm hoping Hailey doesn't do the same. Hailey doesn't sleep or eat as well as her sister did at this age. She goes to bed about 8:30 or 9:00, is up at around 1 AM to eat, and then again at 4:30 AM or so, and sometimes she is up again at 6 AM to talk and play. Usually I just put her in my bed at 6, and she'll go back to sleep after awile. I tried to be "a good mom", and make my own baby food. Hailey didn't love eating it. I went and bought some store bought food, and she's done better, but she's still not a great eater. Who am I kidding though, she's never been easy to feed. Why did I think solids would be easier? She does love the Gerber puffs, and eats them up as soon as they are put in front of her, and screams for more when they are gone.
Hailey's tongue is always moving. She always sticks it out when she smiles. It's pretty cute!

Hailey is now a speed crawler, and pulls herself up to standing, on whatever she can. Travis walked at 8 months..I'm hoping Hay will wait for a little while!

Hailey is our favorite little lady, even when she's screaming and grumpy! We love watching her grow and get bigger! Addi can't wait until Hailey is bigger to "pway" with her, and always loves to hold her and just recently has wanted to help feed her too. We absolutely love "Hay Hay"!

2 comments:

Nate and Alyssa said...

Finn was never a good eater...and still isn't...maybe it is a second child thing...oh wait Aunt Lyssa aka "Pig of the World" was a second child. She is just too cute!! What a cute little toot she is!! I just wish I could squish her!!

Jolene said...

And you better call her Hay Hay or Addi gets really upset! Love that little one and her older sister.