Monday, January 2, 2012

Christmas Eve

We started our Christmas festivities at Jo's house on Christmas Eve afternoon. We had a tasty lunch with ham and rolls, fruit, and goodies.





We started the presents by giving Jo Jo and Poppy their gifts. I didn't get any pictures of Poppy's gift. Travis and Adam made him a giant ramp for the new race cars that he got. They worked hard and it paid off - the ramp is cool! We all got together and gave Jo a new camera. We also gave her a year of grandkid playdates with a calendar.


With so many kids, things at Jo Jo's can be a bit crazy at times, but it sure was fun watching all of the kids open their gifts.








After we opened all of the presents upstairs, and were spoiled. We all went downstairs for more fun and spoiling.

Hailey, Carson, and Brinlee got a a fun red wagon with two seats. Cambree got a play kitchen. Gage got a race car set. MyKelle got a real camera, and Addison got a new art desk/easel. They were all so excited..especially Hailey! She climbed in and out of the wagon lots of times, and it is still her favorite gift!







A few months before Christmas, Jo started asking us what we wanted. She gave us an amount of money to spend and told us to come up with something as a couple that we wanted. Katie and Darin knew right away that they wanted a computer. Adam and Jess got a freezer. Kelli and Jeremy got a new TV and microwave stand. Travis and I talked and talked, and couldn't come up with anything that we needed or wanted. Jo kept asking and asking, saying that we needed to come up with something because she wasn't just going to give us money. Finally, one day I asked Trav what we were going to get. He responded with, "Don't ask questions at Christmas time." Which is the Gines' family response when someone is scheming and plotting without wanting the other person to know what is up. After all the kids opened their big gifts, the couples got their gifts. Travis started opening things like new shoes for him, new pants, and a remote control helicopter. I knew that he told his mom to use the money to get me something, so at this point, I was confused. Finally, there was one last gift to open. They told me to open it, and I was truly surprised! Travis and Jo bought me a sewing machine! After the fact, I found out that he wanted Jo to use all of the money on me and buy a sewing machine and a sewing table. Jo talked him out of the table and they just got the machine, and with the extra money Trav was able to get a few things, for which I am so glad! I have already starting sewing and am so excited for my new hobby! Thank you Travis for being so thoughtful, and Jo for your generosity!




After the fun at Jo Jo's, we headed over to Grandma Gines. We ate and played the white elephant game. Then, Santa came for a visit. Addison was so in awe by him the whole time he was there. She was excited to sit on his lap and is still talking about it. Hailey, of course, didn't feel the same as her sister.



1 comment:

Nate and Alyssa said...

I love my sewing machine!! Just wish I had a bit more time to make cute fun things.