Monday, January 2, 2012

Tiny Dancer

On December 17th, Addison had her very first dance recital. Miss Katie, Addi's teacher was very specific about how she wanted the girls to look. She made us do a special hair-do in the dancer's hair. Thankfully, after a few tries, I figured it out, and it looked pretty cute. Now, it's my go-to do!

Here's the dancer before the big show...I didn't even tell her to pose like that!


The recital was packed! I got there 30 minutes early and scored a seat on the very last row..seriously! Luckily, we got a seat, there were many who did not. I asked Travis to do the still shots so that I could run the video. For their first dance, Addi's class wore Frosty the Snowman hats. It was difficult to tell which girl was which - for me anyway! I ended up filming the wrong girl the whole time! There was a girl on the end with her hands folded over her face, acting just like Addison would on her bad days. I have seen her at practice act the very same way! I thought for sure it was her...but I was wrong! Thankfully, Travis took pictures of OUR daughter. She's on the back row, with the green band around her hat. In this picture, she just above the baby's hand raised in the air.


Here's the girl I filmed the whole dance...


This was their tap dance. Miss Katie does half tap, half ballet. I'm actually really sad that I missed watching Addison!

After Travis informed me that I was filming the wrong girl, I got it right for the second dance, and she was beautiful! She's on the back row, second from the left.


They danced ballet to Jingle Bells. Addison was cute. Usually, she was a count or two behind Miss Katie, and some of the other girls, but in these shots, she's right on. Once again, back row, second from the left.



She's front and center in this one, on the free-style dance.


So proud, and excited to see so many supporters there for her!




One of the best pictures of Ethan to date...


Thanks to everyone who came to support Addison! She was so glad you were there!

1 comment:

Nate and Alyssa said...

That is a great picture of Ethan!! Addi looked so cute!!