Saturday, August 23, 2008

Update...


Life has been a bit crazy these past few weeks! I love being a sort-of stay at home mom! I am working for my Dad, and spend about three to three and a half hours there a day. I should be spending more, because there is so much to do, but I really wouldn't trade anything for the time that I can spend with Addison. It's been so much fun to wake up and spend the mornings together in our jammies. We laugh, and play, and sing, read stories, sometimes we cry, and sleep a bit more, but we always have fun together! Addison is a complete joy, and I am so glad she is my sweet little buddy!

Our favorite time of day is when Daddy wakes up! Travis has been working so hard to enable me to stay home with Addison. He works from 6 PM, until 6 AM, comes home and sleeps until about 3 PM. I am so grateful for a husband who is so hard-working, crazy schedule and all! He's wonderful!

We are getting adjusted all of the changes that have gone on in the last month or so, but just as we do, we take on something new, or something changes. I love the quote, "We may not have it all together, but together we have it all!" That pretty much sums it up! I love my little family, and am glad that we have this time in our lives to spend together..well, until next week when Utah football starts..then I will be a widow and Addison will be a fatherless child! Ha!

6 comments:

Katie Jo said...

I'm glad that you are enjoying your time at home! I'm glad that you are able to do that!!

When football starts we will just have to do a lot of playdates with the girls!! We still haven't had our girls day out, when should we do that? Love you!!!

Meghan said...

i'm glad you are loving your SAHM-ness. and that you are making a crazy schedule work. and that quote sits on my kitchen table, because i have to read it everyday. and boo for football season. at least ty will be taking one of ours with him...

Tom, Beth, and Ainsley said...

Thanks for the nice comments on my blog, they made me smile. I appreciate that you always post comments, I love reading them because then I feel connected to the people back home. I know I am not very good at posting back, so I will try. I was impressed by your attitude about how happy you were to stay home with Addison. It made me feel better about me staying home with Ainsley...this first few weeks here have been pretty lonely and so I have kinda thrown myself a pity party but after reading what you wrote, I realized, I need to have a better attitude. I love being home with Ainsley, I wouldn't change it for anything. Even if it means I don't get to talk to adults, it is so special to watch the excitement in a child's eyes. Thank you for inspiring me to have a better attitude.

Jodi and Josh said...

Wow!
Crazy schedule, but things will work out for you!
p.s. I'm not looking forward to football season either...

Chelsea said...

I love Jammies, it seems to me that when Blake is in them, I can't stop kissing/ eating him!! I am so glad you are able to stay at home with your girl- She is so lucky to have such a good mommy!!
p.s we can be widows together

Ann-Marie said...

I'm so impressed with your husband! What a great guy...to work those hours. Addison is absolutely adorable. Too bad they grow up so fast?!?