Friday, August 15, 2008

Hey Good Lookin', What-Cha Got Cookin'?

Today was so fun, and such an accomplishment! I got together with my mother-in-law, and sisters-in-law, and cooked ELEVEN meals for the upcoming month. We all decided that we spend too much money eating out, and the food isn't very healthy. So we made eleven healthy meals for just under $50. WOW! Here's a list of what we made:

~Sweet & Sour Meatballs
~Crescent Roll Breakfast Casserole
~Chicken Cordon Blue
~Teriyaki Chicken Stir-Fry
~Lemon Chicken
~Pizza Braids
~Stove-Top Chicken Casserole
~SouvLaki Marinated Chicken Skewers
~Ham & Potato Casserole
~Cheesy Rigatoni Bake
~Beef & Cheese Quesadillas


This is a picture of all of the ingredients

Jo, Jess, Katie, and Kelli cookin' up a storm

Jess and Addison

Katie cooking sausage for the Breakfast Casseroles

Jo overseeing all of the details

Cheesy Rigatoni Bake


Kelli and Jo working away

Cute Girls!

A Fridge Full of Food

All Eleven Meals, Cooked and Ready to Freeze

The Crew and the Finished Product


Thanks for the fun day, and a month full of good food! I can't wait to taste it all, and am looking forward to next month!!

8 comments:

Jolene said...

What a crazy day. Now that we know what to expect, next month will be even smoother. Nat somehow managed to work on the long involved recipes. Water in a big pot takes a long time to boil. Jess cuts chicken like a pro, Kelli learned that 6 cups is different that 6 quarts, (yes LOTS of cheese), Katie learned how to pound the heck out of chicken, (honestly, I think she loved it) and I learned why Mom liked to do big projects to have us all together. Great day and thanks for being so enthusiastic and excited to do this.

Katie Jo said...

Way fun! Darin is so excited to finally have something to eat in the house! Thanks for doing this with us! Your the best!

Scott and Nicole albertson said...

Wow! That is such a neat idea!

The Whitney's said...

I had so much fun and I can't wait until next month to party some more! Thanks for not putting the ugly picture of me when I was smelling the stinky towel! Love you!

Anonymous said...

Cool fun. Like me. Thanks.
I like to cook very at home. Greetings from Poland.

The Whitney's said...

Kelli made us the Chicken Cordon Blue last night, It was delish son! :) It was really good. Anytime you guys want to cook, i'm all for it! JER

Ann-Marie said...

I make freezer meals too! But I would never have that much space in my freezer. How do you store it all? Do you have an extra freezer?

wonder said...

I just came across your blog and am curious where I can find a list of ingredients and the recipes to the food you made. I am a nursing student and I have no time and seems like even less money! Thanks!