Friday, September 5, 2008

Cereal and Shrills!

Addison turned 5 months old yesterday. I can't believe how fast the time has gone. My little baby is not as little as I sometimes still think she is. She is growing so quickly. Every time I turn around, she has chubbier cheeks, longer legs, is getting more hair, and is doing something new. I had to put away her three month clothes because her poor little piggies couldn't squeeze into her footie jammies any longer. Sad day!

At the same time, she is getting to be so much more fun! Together, we have recently discovered the joy of rice cereal. Now, she wants so badly to eat anything and everything that we are, and gives me the "Please, Mom..." face that is so hard to resist. We still sing and play, but now she is an active participant. She has found her own little high pitched voice, and is rarely quiet any more.

She is so into books, and will sit on my lap all morning, looking at all of the pictures, tapping all of the pages with her chubby, little fingers. She loves to sit with her Daddy while he plays video games. Although, the object of her game while she is with him, is to successfully grab the X-Box controller, and get it in her mouth.

I was talking to Travis yesterday as I was getting ready for bed, and he was eating his "lunch", (CRAZY SCHEDULES), about how much our lives have changed in 5 short months. Almost nothing is the same. We live in a new house, with a new ward, we have new friends, Travis has a new job, I no longer have my job, our alarm clock, the thing that used to dictate our lives completely, is now collecting dust, but most of all we have a sweet little baby that has enriched our lives like I never thought possible! Addison, We Love You!

11 comments:

Jolene said...

She has not only touched your lives but ours as well. I love that you will come hang out with us. I love to play with her and kiss her, but she is really getting to be a Mommy's girl. She searches for you everywhere you go. Thanks for sharing her with us.

Tara said...

She is really starting to look so much like you, Natalie! Yes, life will never be the same!!!

The Whitney's said...

How did Travis make such a cute girl? she must be all you! I can't wait to see My sweet Addison beceause I love her!!! I love her parents too!

Suz said...

Oh my gosh she is cute!

Chelsea said...

I feel like our lives are the same- When I was watching your video, I looked over at blake like 3 times to see if it was him, he makes the same noise, and then he sticks his hands in his mouth so far that he gags him self. Stinker..It's crazy how fast they grow. In fact I have to run and grab new PJ's tomorrow because his legs are not all the way straight in any of them anymore as well!! She is such a doll Nat! On and congrats on the solids, I think I will try giving them to Blake this week- He gives me the same face!

Meghan said...

love the squeal. sounds like you are rolling with the punches pretty well....

Ann-Marie said...

It's overwhelming how much you love your little one, isn't it! Geoff and I had the same conversation just a little while ago. So many blessings to count...

Tom, Beth, and Ainsley said...

Addison is so cute! I loved the video-I need to figure out how to post videos on my blog, I am not that talented yet. anyway, listening to Addy-she sounds just like Ainsley. She doesn't cry anymore when she is awake, I can hear that she is up because she starts talking and screaming in excitement to herself. It is funny. Anyway, she is adorable. I like to see what she is up to, because since she is a month older than Ainsley, it always lets me know what is coming next. Unfortunately, Ainsley hasn't started to roll yet, probably because she still hates being on her tummy. Anyway, I look forward to starting cereal next month. Talk to you later!

Jodi and Josh said...

She is SO CUTE!
I love her little baby sounds!!
I know what you mean about the alarm clock! Our alarm clock is our kids. Literally! They wake up so early, there's no need!!

Paul and Rachel said...

I love your pictures and video. I love reading about how much you love being a mother! It definitely changes your life and changes you, but there are not even words to describe the moments of joy that they bring.

Iris said...

She is adorable Natalie!!! I miss not seeing you, but am sooooooo happy for you......and so happy to enter the "mother world" soon as well...you can give me all the tips =)