Sunday, September 14, 2008

Utah Man!


Travis is a Utah Man through and through! This is his absolute favorite time of year. It's a good thing that Addison was born in April, because I'm pretty sure if I was about to go into labor, and a football game was on, he would choose football. It is his life! He tapes all of the games and watches the previous game all week, gearing up for the next.

He also plays NCAA Football on his X-Box. He plays as the Utes, and the computer is the upcoming competitor. I have to remind him that the game ISN'T real, and DOESN'T dictate what will really happen during the next game.

He and his dad and brother all have motorcycles with a big vinyl "U" on the gas tank that they ride to the games, complete with Utah flags. They deck themselves out with their Utah attire, and matching RED flame helmets. When it gets colder, the even have matching RED motorcycle jackets. They are complete nerds!
After five years, I am used to being put on ignore mode September-December, all day Saturday, and sometimes Thursday. Addison and I are supportive and show our school spirit, too! All I can say is "GO UTES!" because it makes for a much happier husband when they win!

6 comments:

The Whitney's said...

Cute post Nat! I love the picutres! I guess we will never understand why he thinks that he can predict what will happen by playing a video game. I just hope they win so all the boys in our family will be happy! Can't wait to see you on Saturday.

Paul and Rachel said...

I love that picture of Addison!! She looks really grown up. I am NOT a fan of college football (at least when husbands are). The games are just too too long.

Suz said...

I guess it is better to spend time on video games and football than a whole lota other junk in the world! I understand the need for a win too. Matt is broken for days when his team gets beat.

Scott and Nicole albertson said...

Cute pictures!! I hope the Utes do well this year, for your sake!! :)

Katie Jo said...

Your such a good sport nat! I'm so glad my husband isn't into sports like that! I do know how you feel. I did grow up in the house with all those absessed boys! It's crazy, they probably spend more time reviewing each game than the coach does!!! Your a better women than i am to put up with it!

Tom, Beth, and Ainsley said...

I love the Utah outfit. It is adorable! Now she can cheer with Daddy. Poor Ainsley has an identity crisis when it comes to college teams-Reese's gave her a Utah bear, Butler's gave her a BYu t-shirt and Tom now dresses her in Indiana onesie.