Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Revenge...

We have wonderful neighbors! We love living where we do and enjoy all of the kids that are around. I can't brag enough about our neighbors who live across the street. They have invited us over to dinner more times than I can count. They've brought us dinner 3 or 4 times. They gave us a beautiful picture of Christ as a housewarming gift. They have 6 kids that are so cute, and tons of fun! They're just great! They only have a few flaws, and one is of no fault of their own.
#1- He's the bishop. It's great, except that I feel guilty when I'm not doing family night on Mondays, and the occasional time when my ox is stuck in the Fred Meyer on Sundays.
#2- They are BYU fans. (If Travis were typing this, being a BYU fan would be #1) I honestly really don't care of you are Red or Blue, but I'm married to my husband, and so I support the Red. But, it's fun to get into the rivalry this time of year. To my husband, this sort of thing is his life. (If you haven't already read the Utah Man post, see below) Travis has two ways of determining if you are friend quality. He asks:
#1- Are you a Utah Fan?
#2- Do you play video games?
He does have some friends that don't meet both criteria, but most of them do. Our neighbors are one of those exceptions to his friend making rules..I guess because they are neighbors they are automatic friends, but because they are awesome helps the cause!
Lately, however, they haven't made Travis too happy. We came home one day and found this on our driveway.They also covered our big U of U yard sign with a "Y", and put a "Y" on top of Trav's "U" sticker that is on his motorcycle. We haven't done anything to retaliate...until yesterday.

We got a pack of 50 red plastic plates, and painted..yes, painted a "U" on all of them. Then, we attached popsicle sticks on the backs, and stuck them all over their yard.
We went out last night, at about 11:30 PM, and took care of business. I was nervous because I have never in my life done anything mischevious like this before, but it was really fun!
Here's what their house looks like this morning. (The pictures aren't the best because I didn't want to get too close. But you get the idea!)
Travis and I had such a fun time last night, painting, laughing, and sneeking! I'm sure there will be some pay back, and then we'll have to think of something else to do. If you have any ideas, let us know!

7 comments:

Jolene said...

Too cute and fun. I'm sure it was your idea, because Travis would have been a lot more mean spirited. Let us know the reaction you got from them.

Iris said...

LOL....that is a GREAT story!!! I love pranks...and, being married to a loyal Ute fan, I can relate to the story....Brock could definitely be friends with Travis....he loves the U and video games =)

Suz said...

Call Rob. He and his fella's have been getting each other for YEARS! He is especially talented in the manufacture of t-shirts. If only he could focus the energy on something um...important!

The Whitney's said...

That is awesome! I'm so glad you got them back. Keep us updated on how they get you back.

Anonymous said...

BLUE RULES!!!!! When are the Gines going to learn that? Red is for sissy's!

Jolene said...

I noticed the person who says "blue rules" is so ashamed, they have to comment anonymously. Come on, own up, really be proud.

Chelsea said...

I love it!!! So fun, nothing is better than the BYU/Utah Rivalry! I love your bishop and tell him he needs to go next door to my cousin's house, they need a little BYU lovin'!!