Thursday, October 30, 2008

Halloween

Every year, my family has a Halloween party. We all get together and eat chili, and breadsticks. We love to think of creative costumes, and dress up. My sister Madi actually starts thinking of their costumes a year in advance.

This is Madi's family. Ethan is the pirate. Troy is the pirate ship, and Madi is pirate booty..(notice the extra large stuffed booty..so creative!)


Here's a picture of my sister Janelle, and her husband Tim. They went as board games. Janelle was a Barrel of Monkeys, and Tim was Operation. Tim is a genius and built a circuit that actually made his costume light up, and buzz!

It was fun to have Addison here this year, and to dress her up. We were mermaids. Unfortunately, Travis had to work. He was grateful because I was going to make him go as King Triton.I bought Addison's costume in early September, and tried it on her when it came. It was too big for her then. When I went to put it on her for the party, it almost didn't fit. I had to squish her into it. Her poor toes were so cramped that she was only in it for a few minutes..but she was sure cute!

My Mom spent lots of time making a costume, but threw out her back, so she went as a headache, and will use her other costume next year. Here's a picture of her with the littlest mermaid.

The pirate and the mermaid


Last year, our costume was so cute, I thought I would share...
I was a 'Bun in the Oven', and Trav was the 'Bun Maker'

These are just for fun, but I couldn't resist. Her shirt says "Mommy's Under My Spell". It's so true. I love this little sweetie!!

6 comments:

Tara said...

What cute costumes! I love Addison's seashells!

Meghan said...

can i borrow your skirt? it is so hot!

Jolene said...

Too adorable for words. I'm glad someone in my family likes this holiday and does fun things. I truly HATE it. Meg - she has lots of material left over, we could hook you up.

The Whitney's said...

Addison is super cute! And so are you! your skit is way too cute! I'm sad Travis was not there to dress up I would love to see him as King Triton!

Nate and Alyssa said...

I am so glad that you got some use out of that wonderful shirt. One of these days we will have to come down for the party. Nate ran out of time to make the nose. Good thing we have cowboy clothes!!

Iris said...

I love the costumes! What cute mermaids =) I'm sad I didn't dress up this year.....I love that your family has such a great party!