Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Foodie...Again!


Addison has found her love of food again, and I am so glad. We went through a rough patch, where she didn't want to eat anything except for bananas, and oatmeal. When I would attempt to give her vegetables, like any good momma should, she would spit them out at me. I was torn between trying to give my baby what was good for her, or giving her what she wanted, and what wouldn't get spit all over me. For awhile, she ate only bananas and oatmeal..BORING!

After a few trips to the grocery store, we have found that Addison likes the food in the jars. I had never ventured to the jar food, just the Gerber containers. The jars, however, have much more variety. Instead of just sweet potatoes, they have sweet potatoes and turkey, and apples and chicken, they even have macaroni and cheese, which has quickly become a favorite at our house! She still LOVES her oatmeal, and bananas, but enjoys the other varieties too!


At almost 10 months, Addison still has no teeth. Seriously! Not even any signs of teeth, like swollen, red gums. It makes things a little bit more tricky because she loves to eat things that really should be eaten with a few teeth to help in the process..like Ritz crackers, biter cookies, and french fries (thanks Daddy). Luckily, she's also a fan of the Gerber stars that melt in her mouth. We still give her the other things, but it's easier on me to know that the choking hazard is a little lessened by the melting in your mouth factor.

6 comments:

Jolene said...

Don't worry about teeth. None of my kids had teeth until after they walked, at about a year old. Dentists say that's good because then their mouths are bigger and they don't have so many crooked teeth issues. Glad she's eating again.

Nate and Alyssa said...

I'm glad you found the food combo jars. Stay way from the Broccoli chicken combo or what ever it is....it is STANKY!! Wal-Mart makes generic melt in your mouth stars for much cheaper. I just found them the other day. I'm glad she likes food again it would make her "Pig of the World" Aunt sad if she didn't.

Love you!!

Suz said...

I think I am in a chips and salsa phase thus I will not even try to eat the fruit and veggies. Whew!

Do not dispare about the teeth. Jo is correct about the big mouth thing. I was toothless while my dad was in dental school and his classmates teased him that I would be the proud owner of his first set of dentures. My teeth came in and they were and still are PERFECTLY straight.

The Whitney's said...

I'm glad Addison is eating again! I love her! I hope you guys are doing well I miss you.

Tom, Beth, and Ainsley said...

Glad to hear that Addi is eating well again. I think I am just going through that with Ainsley. She always loved veggies, and now not so much. She doesn't have any signs of teeth either! I guess I can't complain because I haven't had to deal with any grouchy teething yet.

James and Melissa said...

Congrats to Addi on adding some variety to her diet! My mom used to tease me because I didn't get a single tooth until I was 18 months old (and then I got them all in a matter of a couple months!). Maybe Addi will keep her toothless grin as long as I did!