Tuesday, October 6, 2009

18 Months!!!


Addison is another month older! She's made it to the ripe old age of 18 months! I've been anxiously awaiting 18 months, because that means one thing...NURSERY! Now, however, I am nervous. I'm not nervous to drop her off, and miss her, just nervous that my kid will be the bully that picks on everyone, and that they'll kick her out. Addison hangs out with her 5 year old cousin, Ethan, quite a bit, and has beat him up several times. She's not afraid of anyone or anything. My daughter is tough! She knows what she wants, and isn't shy about letting you know when she does.

I'm sure she'll do fine in Nursery though, because they give out snacks. If there is one thing that settles her down, it's snacks! Addison loves to eat. She loves to eat so much in fact, that she does not chew her food. She swallows most things whole. Does this concern me?..Why yes it does! Have I tried to make her chew, and cut her food into smaller bites..Absolutely! Does it keep her from doing it...No Way! She shoves things into her mouth so fast that she can out eat me any day. We went to Village Inn for my sister Madi's birthday breakfast, and Addison ate my whole French Toast platter. I got maybe 5 or 6 bites. She ate the rest!! Addi is an expert eater!

Addison is my silly, sweet goof ball! She loves to play, dance, jump, watch her shows, go outside, and read. She makes me laugh all of the time, and is developing a sense of humor more and more. One of her favorite toys is her sand bucket that she uses as a hat most of the time!

Addi loves to tickle people, and to be tickled. She says, "tickle, tickle", and laughs and laughs! She gives hugs and kisses more often, and snuggles longer at bedtime!

I can't believe how smart Addison is. She is constantly amazing me with the things she knows. I get so excited when I see her master something new, and so surprised when it's something that I haven't even thought to teach her. She is a little mimic, and copies lots of the things she sees us doing. She's learning more and more words each day. My favorite is when she points to her dad and says, "Weirdo!" Addison can count to 10. She misses a few numbers here and there, but has mastered 1-2-3, 8-9-10. The others are hit and miss. She knows most of her body parts. She is learning the words to "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star," and it's one of the cutest things I have ever heard!

I love Addison! I'm so glad that I get to be her mom through the good, the bad! I feel pretty lucky to have her in my life!

10 comments:

Suz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Suz said...

The second photo needs to be blown up. Way up! What a love!

Scott and Nicole albertson said...

Nursery! How fun! We've had a couple of kids in our nursery who are bullies but they've eventually calmed down. I'm sure she'll be great!

Nate and Alyssa said...

She takes after her grandma and cousins putting buckets on her head. She is so big and so cute! When Ian was first in nursery he got in trouble A LOT for being mean. Good Luck! Enjoy your meetings kid free. But nursery just means it is time for another...

Jolene said...

She does talk so cute. My favorite of course is when she calls me gogo.

Katie Jo said...

I love addison!! Gage and mykelle get so excited when they know addison is going to be at jo-jo's!! You have done a great job at raising such a sweet little girl!!!

Jolene said...

Addison is the coolest king in the world. If she wants to be the bully let her, she is freaking awesome! Addison is going to be the boss of a big company one day. Love you Addi!! - Boomer

Chelsea said...

ah this is the cutest post ever!! I love love love this age- As always- i can relate to this post sooo much. Addi will do great in Nursery- it's you that will have the harder time I am sure! What a smart girl- counting to 10! I'm impressed- Blake still thinks he is two year old! Well good job Nat- she is one cute girl- you did good! Oh and I love your "fireplace"- totally need to do that!

Iris said...

She is soooooo cute! I hope she doesn't beat up all the kids at church tomorrow =) j/k. You are a wonderful mom! And, I LOVE your child-proof fireplace =)

James and Melissa said...

I love hearing all about Addison--she is adorable and hilarious (and so is your fire!). Hannah's only ten months and I'm already dreading nursery (she is the one in daycare that when all the other kids are crying, they find Hannah sitting in the corner holding all the kids' binkies--she may be small, but she's tough!). Good luck, though; I'm sure she'll do great. You are the cutest mom I know!