Tuesday, October 6, 2009

San Diego...Again!

We just got back from San Diego. We are lucky that my Dad has a house there, and we got pretty cheap airfare, so it was an inexpensive get-away! Unfortunately, I am cursed, and get sick every time we go on vacation; and I passed my germs to Travis and to Addi..SO, it wasn't the best trip..but still a good time!

We went up to the Wild Animal Park. We'd never been before, and it was fun!

We saw lots of animals, including a giraffe with an extremely long, crazy tongue, and a lion and lioness.

Addison loved riding the carousel!


The best part was paying $3 to feed the Lorakeets! Seriously...I have never seen so many birds up close, and hungry! At first, Addison was terrified, but warmed up quickly!

The birds loved my Mom!


It was fun, but this was the scene at the end of the day..Travis was really glad to be done, and Addi was exhausted!


The next day we went to the Birch Aquarium. Addison has a fishy night light in her bedroom at home, and loves to count the fish, so we figured she'd love it. She loved first few tanks, said hello to all the fishies with her kissy lips, and counted, and smiled. Trav skipped most of the other exhibits though because Addison doesn't like to wait her turn, and threw a fit. She did okay outside though.

She liked touching the starfish.

And looking in the tide pools


The next few days were spent resting, and hanging out, trying to get better. We did make it to the chilly beach for a walk on the board walk before heading home.

6 comments:

Scott and Nicole albertson said...

Sounds like a fun trip! Something must be going around, everybody was sniffling, coughing, and sneezing on our vacation too.

Nate and Alyssa said...

Fun Fun Fun. Sorry you were all sick! I love that picture of mom with all the birds on her head. I didn't see Madi in any of the bird pictures. Was she cleaning poop off her face again? Wish we could have been there with you!

Nate and Alyssa said...

P.S. I'm glad Travis got to go with you this time!

Nate and Alyssa said...

P.S. I'm glad Travis got to go with you this time!

Jolene said...

Yeah, what's up with getting sick on trips, no fun. The birds would have scared me to death. but it looks cool. Missed you and glad you're home safe.

Jer said...

The birds on the head picture is the one I want for my face book profile. Can you do something about that? Love ya! It was a fun trip! Too bad that I stayed healthy there and then came home and got it! Thanks for sharing!