Monday, October 19, 2009

What a Difference...



A year makes...


My baby is growing so fast, I can't even stand it!

Addison found this picture today, and kept saying, "Baby, cute" I tried to explain to her that it was a picture of her, but she didn't quite get it. It was pretty cute!


Addison went to Nursery for the first time on Sunday. I prepped her all day, telling her how much fun it would be to play with all the kids, and eat treats, worried that it would be a nightmare. Boy, was I wrong!! I walked in the door, told the teacher Addi's name, and put her down to give her a hug. She walked right over to the tiny chairs, hoisted herself up, and blew me a kiss good-bye. That was that! She loved it and did so well. If not for getting her finger slammed in the door about ten minutes before church ended, she would have stayed the whole time. I love that she loved it, and I love that I could actually enjoy church again, and feel the spirit! What a difference not having to worry about your baby makes! Hooray for Nursery!

The other day I was really struggling with Addi's hair. I hated the way that it was looking, and she wouldn't let me put piggies in, or anything to fix it. I decided that I would try curling it. I was nervous to burn her because she's such a wiggle worm, but it worked, and I love the way that it looks now. It's amazing what a little curl can do. Now when I see her, I am reminded of what I used to look like when I was little. My own baby pictures are few to say the least because I was the youngest of four girls, and my parent's lives were crazy (bless them)..so this is the best I have. But, what do you think?

Addison - 2009 - 18 months old


Natalie - I'm not sure the year of these. I know the first one was Christmas 1984, I was almost 2.

15 comments:

Jolene said...

Her hair is adorable. I can't believe she sits still for you to do it. Great resemblence between the 2 of you . My favorite picture is in the orange shirt on the bottom. Want a copy!

Scott and Nicole albertson said...

I'm so glad that she did so well in nursery! She is such a cutie!

Nate and Alyssa said...

She is so cute! I love the hair and I am glad you decided to curl it! Hurray for nursery! only 8 months for me! RS will be interesting in the next 8 months that is for sure!

The Whitney's said...

Yay for Nursery!! That's sad about her finger, leave it to Addi to get hurt a church... again! Love the new hair do, I just want to play with her right now!!

Suz said...

OH HOLY TWINS! She does look just like her momma! Also love the last photo.

Jer said...

That's my girl! I have been telling you for months that she looks just like you...even before the curling iron! Love her and you!

Katie Jo said...

I love the curl in her hair! It is way super cute! I'm with jo though, how did you get her to sit still for that?!!!!! She does look like you!!! What a little cutie!

Chelsea said...

oh those pics are so cute- her hair is just darling- I am so glad nursery went well- such a huge milestone to reach!!! Man our kiddos really have grown a ton since last year!

Paul and Rachel said...

Hooray for nursery! Hooray for little girls and curls. She looks darling and really does look quite a bit like you did.

Iris said...

So cute! And wow, a year does make a huge difference at that age. I must tell you you have great taste in Addison's clothes (since Anna has had 2 of the same shirts =)). And, I think she looks like you!

Tom, Beth, and Ainsley said...

very cute! She looks just like you! I love her hair, I wish Ainsley had enough hair to curl....actually I'd just like enough hair to put a clip or elastic in. Still not enough, believe me I've tried. Addi is so cute!

Ann-Marie said...

I love her blond blond hair!!!

Meghan said...

wow - she is a doll. and so grown up with that pretty hairdo. and she is your twinner. lucky girl.
yay for nursery - i wish we had yet experienced that reaction with the kiddos...

James and Melissa said...

Her hair is beautiful! And she looks just like you! I'm glad nursery went well (and is it actually possible to get something out of church now?!).

Jodi and Josh said...

I can't believe how quickly Addison is growing! It's fun to see your kidlet pictures, and how similar you two look! Cute!