Thursday, February 4, 2010

22 Months...


Addison is 22 months old today. She is almost two, and I have definitely started to see glimpses of "The Terrible Two's"! Addi is still darling, sweet, and my favorite gal, but man oh man, when she's on one, look out! She's pretty choosy and likes to have a say about EVERYTHING..from the clothes she wears (if I can convince her to get dressed at all), to what we eat for breakfast, and lunch, to what song we listen to in the car. If she doesn't like it or doesn't want to do it, she'll say, "No, I not ready.", or "I don't like it." or "a different one.", or she'll just scream and holler!



Addison has been climbing out of her crib for a long time now, but just this week it started to become a problem. Before, she would just climb out when it was nap time or bedtime, and she really wasn't tired. I could put her back in, and she would stay put, for the most part. Now, she'll climb out, and wander the house. Her favorite was to wake up in the middle of the night, ie. 2 AM, and come into our room, wake me up, and ask to sleep in our bed. Every time I would tell her that she couldn't and put her back in her room, she would come right back in and scream. Finally, I decided we needed to do something about it, after 3 nights in a row with a kid who refused to sleep. So, we have started to lock her in her room. It makes me feel horrible, but she only cries for a minute at the door, and then climbs back into bed, and after a few whimpers, goes back to sleep.

Addison still loves Mickey Mouse! Travis and I were talking the other day, and I didn't want her to know what it was about, so I started spelling. Duh! She can spell Mickey Mouse..it's right in the song that she has memorized by heart! As soon as I said, M-I-C-K, she finished with -E-Y and -O-S-E. Even though she spells it incorrectly, it still makes me laugh every time!



My little baby isn't a baby at all. In fact, I see no baby left in her anywhere. She's finally over the blankie and binkie, and only gets them for nap and bed. Hooray! She is so big, and grown up. She is a silly, smart sweetheart that I love dearly! Whenever I pick Addi up, she rubs and pats my back, and whispers in my ear, "I love you." It makes up for any of the other ugliness that we are dealing with lately! I can't believe the time has gone by so quickly. Like every other month, I still maintain that I am sure a lucky momma to have such a sweet girl by my side! I love you Addi Mae!

3 comments:

Chelsea said...

Ah Nat- such a great post- that is the SWEETEST thing ever that she whispers I love you in your ear, seriously that makes everything SO worth it. Thank goodness they do these little things because this stage is kinda challenging. Ben just texted me (i am at work)telling me that Blake refused his spaghetti for dinner and told him he wanted cereal- and currently on his third bowl!! So we know all about the being "choosy" stage Glad the sleeping issues are getting better, Blake hasn't climbed out of the crib yet, thankfully!! Such a cutie pie

Nate and Alyssa said...

We had to turn Ian's door nob around and lock it so he couldn't get out. she is so cute!! What a little smarty pants!! I still think that three is way worse than two!! and five is a whole different story!! Love you Beautiful girls!!

Iris said...

Seriously, she is SO cute! And, I'm so impressed that she'll crawl back in her bed when she wants to be in your room .... I hope you don't get too many of the Terrible Two tantrums ...... and she is just so cute!