Sunday, November 10, 2013

30...Gulp!

I turned 30 on February 15th. I wasn't looking forward to leaving my twenties, but my husband made some pretty fantastic plans to help me ease my way in. My birthday was on a Friday. We had made arrangements to leave work early for lunch and a movie. We headed over to our favorite Sushi place, Fuji Sushi, and enjoyed a nice lunch with just the two of us, no kids hanging around, begging for food, wiping their dirty faces on us, and whining...it was nice! After lunch, we went to see, Safe Harbor, in the theater. It was a cute love story, which of course made me cry. After the movie, Travis made me put a blindfold on and drove me all over the city, at least it seemed. We were driving forever - I thought we were up in Park City, we had driven so much. FINALLY, he told me we could get out, but that I had to keep my blindfold on. I had to carry a bunch of balloons that Trav had purchased, including a Mylar princess balloon. I was embarrassed enough to have to wear a blindfold, let alone to hold the huge bunch of balloons as we walked through a place with a bunch of people around. After walking for a bit, Travis stopped me, and the next thing I heard was, "Surprise"! It turns out mostly everyone I love was in the room (there were a few key people missing) - a suite at the Marriott. With the help of Trav's sister, Kelli, an amazing party had been planned, with a Hollywood theme. There were daring popcorn cupcakes, stars, and my name was in lights. It was such a fun (although a bit squishy) party! After the party everyone went home, but Trav had arranged for someone to take our girls, and we got to spend the night at the hotel. It was so nice to be able to sleep in and relax. It was definitely a birthday to remember!

No comments: