Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Addi's Blessing

We blessed Addison Mae Gines on Sunday, June 1, 2008. I was nervous for Travis, but he said some beautiful things. He blessed Addison to listen to her mom, and look to her for guidance. He blessed her to have a healthy body and an open mind, and to stay close to Christ in all things. I am grateful for a husband who is worthy to bless our family with the holy priesthood.

After the blessing, we had the family and friends over for some lunch. It was fun to have everyone there to visit.







Addison wore the dress that I was blessed in. She actually fit in it better than I did when I was a baby. When I wore it, I was so chubby, they couldn't do up the top button.

I am so glad that we were blessed with such a wonderful baby. Addison has enriched our lives in ways that I didn't think was possible. I am so grateful for every moment I get to spend with her.

6 comments:

Nate and Alyssa said...

I wish I could have been there to make cookies and hold that beautiful baby!! Have you gotten her picture taken in the buggy? You have to you know. Love you!!

The Whitney's said...

That was the longest Blessing dress I've ever seen. It was a really pretty dress and how special that she got to wear your same dress. That is pretty awesome!

Katie Jo said...

That was such a great day! That picture of your family standing next to the tree is just amazing! Travis even looks nice! Great job nat!

Tara said...

What a wonderful day! Adalyn was blessed in the same blessing dress that I was blessed in. I think it's a great tradition!!!

James and Melissa said...

What a neat experience! Addison looked beautiful!

Jodi and Josh said...

Addison's dress is so pretty! That's awesome that it was your dress too! (I tried to put my boys in my blessing outfit, but Josh wouldn't let me! Ha ha!!)
Sorry about having to go back to work... if Josh was there it would be better! :-)