Thursday, June 26, 2008

It's Decided!!

So, after a week of working, I decided that it wasn't worth it! I never saw Travis, and it broke my heart to leave Addison at home. Although I knew she was just fine at home, I didn't want to get a phone call telling me that my sweet baby had reached milestones without me there. To some, (especially my boss), this may seem a little fickle, but I could never have known this wasn't for me, without giving it a try. I told my boss on Monday that I decided I needed to be home. Although I really only wanted to work two more weeks, my last day will be August 1st. I have a co-worker who is taking a three week vacation, and my manager just recently resigned, so they really need my help.

In addition to working for Marriott, I have been helping my Dad in the mornings. He is a real estate agent, and I have been helping him get his files in order, listings on the MLS, and taking care of other office misc. tasks. In essence, I have been working full time for the past week and a half (sigh)! After I finish with Marriott I will continue to help my Dad. I can take Addi to the office with me, and can do a lot the work from home. I am excited for the chance to still be working, (just a bit - only about 10 hours a week), but most importantly to be working at my most important job - BEING A MOMMA!

6 comments:

Katie Jo said...

good for you natalie! I bet that wasn't an easy decision to make! I'm very proud of you!

Letzelter Family said...

Hip Hip Hooray! You will never look back at this decision. I know that it will be worth every second and every dollar lost to stay home with your sweet baby.

The Whitney's said...

That is awesome! GO NAT! I'm glad you get to be a mom!

Scott and Nicole albertson said...

Congrats!! That is so exciting. I'm sure it will definitely be worth it! Addison is such a cute baby!

Nate and Alyssa said...

YEAH!!!! my last day at the salon is on July 12. Maybe we will actually be able to talk occasionally!!

Meghan said...

so jealous...