Monday, March 16, 2009

EBay = Trouble!

Addison does not like shoes. I can't blame her really, because her feet are so chubby that in order to wear shoes, her feet have to be crammed in there so tightly. I have tried several times to somehow morph her feet, and make the shoes work, but they don't. Baby shoes are SO expensive that I really haven't worried much about her not wearing them anyway.

Addison would be walking if she didn't stand directly on her tip-toes every time she stood up. Travis is glad because he says she'll make a great track star someday. I'm okay with the fact that she's not walking yet..she's enough trouble as a crawler! However, my sister suggested that I try shoes again in an effort to get her off of her toes. She mentioned that her son used little leather soled shoes, that are more like slippers, when he was a baby, and they worked well for him.

I did some searching on the Internet for the above said shoes, and they are normally priced around $50...$50 for baby shoes..yeah right! So, I ventured on to EBay, and much to my delight, found several varieties with auctions starting at around $15. There were lots of bids on the shoes, and so I thought I would be wise to bid on several pairs to ensure that I got at least one of them. About a day later, I logged on again to check on my bidding status. To my surprise, shock, and eventual horror, I saw four different notices, that each said, "Congratulations, ngines801, you have won this item!" Needless to say, I spent much more than $50, on baby shoes, but have four cute pairs to show off!








8 comments:

Jer said...

Whoops! Sorry that you ended up with all four pair, but they are soooooo cute!

Katie Jo said...

They are way cute! But i need to know... Do they work?

Nate and Alyssa said...

I wish I would have known that you were getting Robeez, My friends sells them at her store and I get things at cost. Remember Finny's pirate one from the cruise? They are great! I hope they work for her!

Jolene said...

They are adorable and she keeps them on. Now you have to have 3 more little girls so you can get good use out of them.

Meghan said...

jane has the same prob. square feet. i hope addison grows out of it - jane hasn't and it's a killer on the wardrobe. (boy shoes are not super cute with a dress). love the robeez though.

The Fisher's said...

Hahaha. Ebay...we have a love hate affair also :) Let us know how they work out! I've seen lots of kiddos wear them, or something similar, so they must be pretty good little shoes. Has your book come yet? :)

Iris said...

sad, but funny.....I hope they are the best shoes out there....want another pair? I saw that that is the deal on www.babysteals.com today.....kind of ironic....

Ann-Marie said...

Target has a brand that I like too. They are 10 bucks. Girls definitly have cuter shoes though! Hughie has a couple of pair of these and he too has unbelieveably FAT feet.