Sunday, March 29, 2009

Happy Day...a few days early!

We cheated today, and put Addison in her new, big girl car seat. Her birthday isn't until Saturday, but Addison is a big girl - she definitely weighs enough, and is so tall that her feet have been hanging off the edge of the other seat for a long time now. It was almost like you had to fold her up to put her in it.




She was so excited to be facing forward, and to be able to look out the window. She kicked her feet, and smiled the whole way.





I have to admit that I got a little teary-eyed as I boxed up the other car seat. Addison is so big, and the time went by so quickly. It's wonderful that she is growing and reaching new milestones; it's just hard to say good-bye to my sweet, little baby!

10 comments:

Iris said...

Natalie, she is sooooooooo cute!!! She's growing up so fast too. I'm glad she likes looking forward...her smile is soooo cute too. and, I like her new shoes =). And, I find it endearing you got teary-eyed. I just boxed up Anna's newborn clothes and was wondering how she was growing so fast.....I'm looking forward to the 1st bday pics of Addison =) Take lots of them!

Jolene said...

Yeah for big girl car seats, she was certainly ready for it. Now, maybe she'll enjoy the car because she HATED the other car seat. Beautiful baby.

Nate and Alyssa said...

Nate and I were talking about how bad we feel that for the first year of our children's lives the watch every thing go by backwards, no wonder it takes kids until they are 5 to learn how to read. I am glad Addison can now watch the world go by the right direction.

The Whitney's said...

Way to go Addison! You are such a big girl and I love you.

Jer said...

Three cheers for growing up! Just don't run into a tree as you look in your rear view mirror to "see" her! Love ya both!

Meghan said...

nat i love her in her seat. she is exuding joy! i get super teary at all milestones. still. when i put away ryans clothes that don't fit. really? i mean, get over it already, but i feel like they are getting big so fast it makes me sad.
i will not be sad to be over diapers though...

Sonia said...

Wow I can't believe she is a year old already! Time flies. Thanks for the recommendation about Jillian, I ordered it and will try it out tonight!

Tara said...

I loved that day! It's so fun to make faces to them in the back seat through the rear view mirror!

Chelsea said...

Makes me a little teary eyed too!! I know Blake will love facing forward- can't wait to do it!! Man Nat, where did the time go, seriously. Time for another one right.....ha!!

The Fisher's said...

She's so cute! What a big girl you have on your hands now :) I love that little smile of hers - it probably melts you! I can't wait for the front facing car seat in just a little over a month!! It makes life so much better for them, snacks are easier to pass that way :) And the shoes are super cute...and still on!