Tuesday, September 1, 2009

My sister...Madi!

I am lucky to have three AWESOME sisters! Madi is my oldest sister. We are six years apart, but thankfully, we are so close! Madi is my best friend! I don't know what I would do without her!

Growing up, Madi was sort of like my Mom. My parents were divorced when I was 8, and Madi was 14. My Mom was working two jobs, and going to school full time to try to support us, and so by default, Madi had to act as a mom would. She cooked, cleaned, shopped, and once she had her driver's license, was the chauffeur. I never realized just how much she did for us. She was great and it, and never complained. She kept us in line, and somehow, things all worked out! Madi was a great Mom to me then, and even now, I look to her for advice, and help.

A few years ago, due to some health problems, Madi had to have a full hysterectomy. Thankfully, Madi is a mom to her darling son Ethan, who is five, but she has so much more love to give. Madi and her husband, Troy, were just recently approved for adoption! Please spread the word, and keep them in mind if you know anyone who is looking to place a baby. I can't imagine a better place for that sweet baby to go!

The link to their adoption profile is on my sidebar. Let me know if you want to add it to your blog, too! I'll send you the link. Thanks for your help, love, and support!

7 comments:

Jer said...

Thanks Nat for helping out your sister! I just know that someone has got a little one just for them! I

Nate and Alyssa said...

Can't wait for them to get a new little one!!

Meghan said...

ok, i know a gal who works for an adoption agency and places babies. i didn't actually know this until last week. but she mentioned on FB that she is looking for a home for african american twins (boy/girl)to be born sept. 25th. she down for twins?

Paige said...

That is one of the sweetest posts I have ever read. She must be amazing. If I hear of anything I will pass along the information.

Scott and Nicole albertson said...

I am so excited for them! She is an amazing mom and they are such a cute family. Do you mind if I copy your idea and post on my blog about Tara and Jon? I hadn't even thought of that before but it is a great way to get information out.

TravandNat said...

Meg, Thank you! Madi got an email on that. Since it's outside of the agency she's with it's a bit too much $$$ for them, and double because it's twins! Something else will come up..keep sending the word our way though!

TravandNat said...

Nicole, heavens no..please do post about them! They need a baby too!!