Thursday, December 2, 2010

My Girls...




HAILEY...


This sweet baby slept through the night on Tuesday - 8.5 hours!! She is six weeks old this week. I guess that's the magic number for my girls, because Addison slept through the night at six weeks, too. Hailey is a sweet baby, and I can't seem to get enough of her!

Since she was born, Hailey has struggled with nursing. She and I have tried hard for six weeks to get the hang of it together, but she just seemed like she was in pain at every feeding, and not getting full. It seemed like I was nursing her non-stop. Last week, I had to leave Hailey with my Mom to go out, and so I pumped, and left a bottle for her. She guzzled that thing down like she'd never eaten before in her life, and did it without whimpering or crying. Now, I pump exclusively. It's not ideal, but it works for us, and feeding time is a much happier time for both of us!

Hailey is so patient! She kind of has to because her older sister requires lots of attention, but she handles it really well. She rarely cries, and is content almost all of the time.


She just started smiling. I haven't really been able to catch it on camera yet. These are the best I could get.



ADDISON...


This silly girl is a sweetie! She has such an imagination, and always wants to play on her rocket ship, or in her car. Addi takes me on awesome adventures. She walks me through all of the steps, including 'taking a seat', 'buckling up seat belts for safety,' and 'doing the countdown to blast off.' She's so precise about everything she does, and if something isn't done to her liking, or it's out of the order she has set, look out, she'll let you know!

The other day we made a blanket fort. She insisted it was a car so that we could drive to Grandpa Greg's and JoJo's house. She used her keys and steered us. I kept calling it a fort, and she said that it was a car, so I played along. After playing for a bit, I had to go in the other room to help the baby. When I came back, I saw a fork on top of the blanket. I asked Addi why it was there, and she said, "Mom, it's our fork house.", and gave me a look like "Duh." I guess I should have explained what a fort was before we built one!



Addison is still adjusting to life with baby Hailey. I think I have been expecting too much out of her, as I was reminded the other day by my brother-in-law that the baby has completely turned her life upside down. All things considered, she is doing better each day. She is still struggling with potty issues, but her desire to hurt Hailey has gone away. Now she mostly just "loves" Hailey too hard or too much. Addi is a good big sister already, and likes to share her buggies (blankets), dollies, and other toys with Hailey. Not to wish time away, but I really can't wait to see them playing together as best buddies!

4 comments:

Jolene said...

I adore these 2 baby girls. Addi makes me laugh all the time. She does have a great imagination.
I have had Hailey smile at me - oh what a cutie. You're doing a great job Momma!

Nate and Alyssa said...

What sweet little girlies you have!! Wish I could squish them both!!

Ann-Marie said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!! They are so darling. And they both have such dazzling eyes!

I'm glad you've figured out the nursing/pumping. I had trouble with #2 as well. Crazy how different things are from one baby to the next.

Merry Christmas!

Meghan said...

i love that "her desire to hurt hailey" has gone away. she is a crack up.

it's really hard huh? i hated it for ryan when he suddenly wasn't the only child. lots of feelings of guilt and inadequacies. but they are resilient. and that hailey is a doll. she is practically perfect in every way (even though i havent really met her yet).