Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Sunny Beach, Wicked, Happiest Place on Earth...ALL GONE with the Car Keys!

I was gearing up for a good post on our recent trip to San Diego, and discovered to my horror, that while I thought I was importing and modifying the pictures that we took, some how they were all deleted. ALL of them. They are gone from my desktop, gone from my memory card, ALL OF THEM ARE GONE. Now I'm not really in the mood to post. And, if you don't want to read a post with no pictures, don't bother...BOO!

We had a fun trip. It was full of adventures, a bout of the flu, a horrible traffic jam, and lots of fun times with the fam.

We flew Jet Blue. We got airfare for $35 each way..and spoiled ourselves. Jet Blue is the only way to fly...extra leg room, a private TV in the seat in front of you with 32 Direct TV channels, unlimited treats, and the WHOLE can of soda! Addison did well on the flight. She got a little fussy in the end, which made me really glad we decided to fly!

We had an awesome time at the beach. Addison loved the ocean and the sound of the waves. I had a few really cute pictures of her to put in here..SIGH! Travis loved body surfing with Adam and Jeremy.

They loved the beach so much that they went back the next day. Trav was so excited to surf again that he ran into the ocean with the rental car keys in his pocket. The ocean swallowed them up. They had to wait for a tow truck and a new rental car. Meanwhile, I was at home with a sick little Addison. She had her flu shot a few days before we left, and unfortunately was feeling the effects. She was sick Friday night, and most of Saturday.

After the excitement of losing the keys, the guys ran down to watch the Utes kill SDSU, and Jess, Jo and I headed up to L.A. in the worst traffic EVER to see Wicked. We almost missed it, but made it by the skin of our teeth, and had an awesome time! The show was so great!

The next day everyone went to Universal Studios. Travis and I decided to stay back with Addison because she still wasn't feeling well, and we really didn't want to go. So, we went to see 007. Addison wasn't happy so I spent most of the movie in the lobby, but Trav enjoyed it. When we got back from our afternoon away, I started feeling sick, and got home just in time to loose my lunch. I spent the rest of the day in bed sharing Addison's flu.

The next day was Disneyland. I was still sick, but didn't want to miss the fun, and had already bought tickets, so I decided to go. When you have the flu..Disneyland isn't really the happiest place on earth. I survived 3 rides, and decided that was the best I could do. Sweet Trav took me back to the hotel, and the three of us napped. I asked Trav later if he was sad that he missed out on the fun, and he said that he was glad he got to take a nap with Addison in his arms. He said it is something that he loves, and something that he won't get to do for very much longer. I think that was the highlight of my day!

The next day we flew home. It was a great trip. This was a lousy post. I'm sad I don't have my pictures. There were some cute ones. If you have read this far, you're a good friend! If you were on this trip with me..please email me pictures.

12 comments:

Suz said...

You are a very good sport as I would be having a tantrum of epic proportions if I'd lost vacation pics. I am sick to my stomach about it. Really.

Jolene said...

It was a fabulous trip. I would do it again in a heartbeat. The weather was perfect and Addison is the best baby ever, even when she's sick. I didn't take very many pictures, but Jess and Kelli took a ton. They will have to make us copies. You were a good sport about being so sick and missing the fun. I would throw a tantrum of epic proportions about that!

Katie Jo said...

Oh man, that totally bites!!! you are such a good sport about everything!!!! I just love you good happy attitude through everything!!! We love you!!!

Tara said...

That sounds like so much fun, well, in a mixed sort of way. At least you have some fun stories. I saw Wicked last weekend here in NYC and it was amazing!!!

Chelsea said...

Nat, I'm sorry- hopefully the other girls took some pics. Sounds like a fun trip- it's too bad you guys weren't feeling 100%, it's hard to be sick when you are away from your home. Blake didn't feel the best after his flu shot as well. I'm glad that you got to see Wicked though- I LOVE that play!!

Meghan said...

tragic. truely. i am so sorry for you.
back in the olden days, when we actually had to have photos developed, the developer ruined the roll of our honeymoon. barely apologized. i am still not over it.

Nate and Alyssa said...

At least it was Just pictures of your trip and not the whole first year of your second childs life. And you did have people with cameras with you so all is not lost. Maybe just the car keys which I think is hilarious. I am glad that you had fun. By the way...everyone is talking about Wicked. I know I live in the middle of no where but what is Wicked about?!?

Tom, Beth, and Ainsley said...

Sounds like despite the mishaps you had fun. Sorry to hear that you were sick at Disneyland, stuck in traffic, and Trav lost the keys. It probably was really frustrating at the time, but you'll laugh about it later.

Jodi and Josh said...

What an incredible deal with Jet blue!! I'm jealous!

I'm so bumbed about blurb.. you still can do a book with them if you just cut and paste, and insert photos...
Their prices are still the best I've seen, but I'm not fond of their layouts, and backgrounds...

Picaboo.com has a lot of layouts, and access to download darling backgrounds, etc. They won't "slurp" the blog, but the books are cute.. I got a 20 pg book for free from them last year...

Snapfish.com has prices about the same as Picaboo, and better layouts than Blurb... but not as many backgrounds. Snapfish is an excellent company, and I've gotten free books from them before also. They also have loads of free bees.

Josh calls me about every two hours he's so excited about the BYU/UT game... I'm sure UT is going to win this year...


Good luck!

Scott and Nicole albertson said...

Sorry about your pictures, that is such a bummer. Sounds like an adventerous trip though. I love what Travis said about taking a nap with Addi, what a cute dad!

The Whitney's said...

That is so sad to hear! I'm really sorry that your pictures are gone! Have no fear I have a ton and a lot of you guys including Addison's first ride!

Iris said...

I hate when pictures get lost! But it sounds like you had a great trip (aside from getting sick).....and yes, traffic in LA is always bad......so happy you saw Wicked though. I love it!