Sunday, April 19, 2009

Blessed...

I knew that church today would be rough. Travis had to be to work at noon, and I was going to be without his help. Thankfully, my sister, Janelle is in our ward, and helps a lot with Miss Addi and her attitude. I had a Laurel class presidency meeting at 12:30 PM, just before church, and once again, no husband = take the babe. Addison doesn't do well sitting, and I knew it would be hard to make her go to a meeting before Sacrament Meeting, but didn't have a choice. To top it all off, Addison refused to nap this morning. I was worried! I kept thinking if we make it through this hour it will be a miracle! I was hoping Addison would abandon her normal tendencies, and curl up and take a nap on my lap. I really needed her to sleep because I had to teach in YW's during the third hour. I was worried! I kept repeating a little prayer in my head that things would go smoothly, and my babe would cooperate. I stocked up on Cheerios, and her favorite veggie crackers, brought extra toys, and her new favorite quiet book because, I was worried!

Addison did fine in the presidency meeting. She sucked on my pen, and crumpled my papers, but was okay. Once we turned the corner, and headed into the Chapel, I was worried! I again repeated the little prayer, as I sat in the pew with my sweet sis. We sang the opening song, and Addison threw a mini fit because I took the Hymn book from her, but we were doing alright. After the opening prayer, I began to feel the worry creep up on me again, when I heard the Bishop say something quite unusual, "Brothers, and Sisters, I just spoke with a representative from Utah Power, and Light. They are here because a transformer broke, and in order to restore it safely, they will have to shut off all the power to this building in 45 minutes from now. We will be cancelling all other meetings in the second and third hour today."

I can't tell you the relief those words brought to my heart. I had been hoping, and praying for a miracle today, and here it was! This little tender mercy today, helped me to realize that I AM BLESSED! My prayers are heard, and answered, sometimes in unconventional ways, but Heavenly Father answers them. He loves me, and He blesses me when I am doing what I should be doing, even when it is hard, and I don't know how I will make it.

I have SO many blessings to count! Most of the time, I am too busy counting my problems, to realize how blessed I truly am. I am grateful for experiences like today, that help me to get back on the right track, and to focus on the things in my life that are good, and to be grateful for the SOURCE from which those blessings come. LIFE IS GOOD!

7 comments:

Jolene said...

Remember, I live close by and would love to come get Addi and take her with me while you're at church. I'm glad you were blessed today.

The Whitney's said...

Yeah for blessings! I remember how blessed I am when I find answers to my prayers too. I'm glad Heavenly Father was with you today. Love you.

Nate and Alyssa said...

I guess I was praying for the wrong blessings yesterday sitting through Stake Conference with three boys and no husband. I was just praying that my back would hold out for two hours. Power outages who would have thought? I am glad things worked out for you!! I didn't know you were in YW. I loved being Laurel advisor...even though two of my Laurels got knocked up. I miss how easy it was!!

Letzelter Family said...

You are truely blessed. I did chuch alone with the kids yesterday too. I know that the lord blesses us when we make the effort to be there when it would be way easier to stay at home. I feel like there are angels around me when I am alone but have never been lucky enough to have a power outage.

Suz said...

You are so good!

The Fisher's said...

I want a power outage :) I'm glad you survived it!

Meghan said...

awesome. i needed that today.