Sunday, July 5, 2009

4th and 15...

We spent the morning of the 4th at Grandma Gines' house. Her birthday is the 4th of July, and she lives right on the Centerville parade route, so we always celebrate there. It was fun to have Travis there this year! Although we didn't stay long, it was a fun time.

The rest of the day was uneventful for me. Travis was working on setting up his man cave, complete with a new home theater system (sigh!), and I took a nap. Later, we had my Mom over for a BBQ, and Trav headed to work. Addison and I hung out until bedtime, and I read my book. It was a restful, fun 4th!









My baby grew up so fast! She turned 15 months old yesterday. I look at her now, and see a big girl. She's so smart. Although she doesn't say a lot..she really knows how to let you know what she wants. Lately, she has started to use her hands, and sort-of do a backwards wave, accompanied by a begging noise to get you to get her what she wants. Unfortunately for us, it works every time! Addison is loved by everyone, and almost always gets what she wants.

Lately, she's really into pushing buttons. Before nap, and bedtime, we have a routine. First, we have to turn on the fan, by flipping the light switch, and then she turns on the CD player, and arrows over to song number 6, because song 5 has a skip in it, and it wakes her up, so we skip it altogether. Then, she turns on her fishy lamp, accompanied by the pursed lip fishy noise. She has to turn the lamp on and off three times. If I try to pull away after two, she gets mad, and she won't do it anymore after three. She's very methodical! She loves the garage door opener, and every time we go in or out, she's the one to push the button.

Addison no longer sits in her highchair, or should I say, refuses to sit in it! She has to be a big girl in her own chair. She's obsessed with having her own seat. Grandma Jer has a perfect Addison-sized pink Disney Princess chair at her house. The first thing Addi does when she gets there, is grab the chair, bring it out into the living room, and hoists her little body up into it.

She's pretty much done with all baby food, and eats anything and EVERYTHING that we are eating. She's like a dog, if there's food around, she'll find it, and find a way to get it. Baby Cheetos are still her VERY favorite. On the plane ride home from California she ate almost an entire can. They're only thing that keeps her attention in Sacrament meeting, and so every week, we have to buy more. She loves the things!

I love my little friend. She's so fun, and getting to be more and more fun everyday! I love it when she is happy, and wants to be my friend. She brightens my day - ALWAYS! I am happy that she is learning and growing. It's fun watching her explore, and develop new talents! I'm so proud to be Addison's Mom! I love you Addi!

(These pictures were taking after a long, hot 4th of July, please excuse her scraggly hair!)



8 comments:

Iris said...

I'm glad you had a fun day! LOL LOL LOL on the man cave comment. I bet Brock would like it =). And, Addison is so cute. I love how you write about what she is up to each month. They change so fast. I feel like it was yetserday that you were pregnant with her. You're a great mom!

Jolene said...

Do you think Addi is OCD with her routine to go to sleep? She also had to drive the Jeep yesterday all around our yard. Just don't tell her that Gage was pushing the pedal for the gas and she only goes in a circle because she hasn't quite figured out how to turn the steering wheel. She also bonks her head and has bruises, but doesn't seem to cry when she falls. I love this precious little girl.

Scott and Nicole albertson said...

Looks like you had a nice holiday. I love the first picture of your cute little family :)

Tom, Beth, and Ainsley said...

Addi is so cute! I love her hair! Your trip to San Diego sounds like so much fun! I love the San Diego temple, I went to the open house when i was nine and have always wanted to go back. Ains loves the baby cheetos too. She would also eat an entire can at every sitting if I let her.

Paige said...

Those are such cute pictures. I can't believe she is so big. I believe I took a nap on the 4th as well - it is the best way to spend a holiday!

Suz said...

OK. The photo of Grandma and Grandpa Gines in their hats is classic. The entire family needs a copy!

Addison is a beautiful red white and blue girl!

Chelsea said...

What a cute cute girl!! She is so smart- the buttons and bedtime routine cracked me up- It's amazing how much they know at 15 months huh!! Blake loves Baby Cheetos too!
Glad you had a good restful 4th- Truly the way to spend the holidays!!
Also- I love San Diego- Glad you had such a fun time, loved the pics!!

Meghan said...

love the fun tradition. love grandpas jumpsuit and hat. love addie with her little flag. she is getting too big - i think it;s all that hair. (lucky mom).