Sunday, July 5, 2009

San Diego

Addison and I just got back from a trip to San Diego with my family. EVERYONE was there, except for Trav...even my Mom, and Alaskan sister, Lys, her husband, and DARLING boys. It was a blast, and even though we missed Trav, we had fun at the beach, at the Zoo, eating lots of yummy food, getting to know new a nephew/cousin, and laughing too hard for too many days! My Dad and Marty just bought a house there, and it's beautiful! It was fun to all be together, but when it was time to go, we were all ready. It's hard having 15 bodies in a three bedroom house for 6 days, but it was lots of fun!

After we got off of the plane, we took the kids to the park to burn some energy.




We spent day two at the beach. Addison L-O-V-E-D everything about it. She loved the sand, the water, the sun, but mostly the freedom of running, and playing as she pleased. Uncle Nate was nice enough to take her out into the water because it was too cold for me, and she was in heaven. She's not afraid of anything! We had a great time. Alyssa made awesome beach towels for the kids, but the adults got some good use out of them too.











Saturday, we all had different plans. Janelle and Tim headed out on an adventure. Madi, Troy, Ethan, and Grandma Jer headed to lunch with some of Madi's old friends. Nate, Alyssa, and I headed to the temple, and the Grandpa watched the kiddos for us. I was glad to be able to go to the temple. It was fun to see the beautiful brides. I had forgotten until we got to the temple what the date was..it turned out to be my anniversary. It was awesome to be in the temple on my special day! The temple is beautiful! If you're ever in San Diego, schedule a trip to the temple..it's gorgeous! After we finished doing our separate things, we headed back for some silly fun at the house. I have some pretty cute nephews, Ethan (age 5), Ian (age 5), Finnigan (Finny - age 3), and Lincoln (age 6 mos.).








On Sunday, we went to Balboa Park. It's beautiful there, and there is so much to see. I guess I took a vacation from taking pictures, because I really don't have many. After the park, we went home, and hung out with the fam.







I didn't take very many pictures at the Zoo, either. There was so much to see, we were a bit rushed to get to it all. Right as we walked in the front gates, Addison did a head plant on the asphalt, and got a huge goose egg on her head. It was bruised, and had gravel marks in it. Luckily, the gift shop had baby Tylenol, and she was okay. She's tough, and would never pass up an opportunity to explore new things!





The day before we flew home, we headed back to the beach. This time we decided to go over to Coronado Island, and check out the sights there. The water was colder, but the beach was nicer. Addison ate almost as much sand as we found in her diaper, but had a blast!

5 comments:

Iris said...

What a fun trip! And I LOVE the pictures at the beach....especially Addison in her pink hat. They are adorable!

Jolene said...

She loves an adventure, just like her Dad.

Scott and Nicole albertson said...

Sounds like a fun trip! Thats awesome that you had almost everybody together!

The Fisher's said...

You've been a busy Mommy! It all looks like so much fun!! Addison is getting so big! 15 months and such a cutie! I'm so excited you were able to spend time with your family, but it stinks that Travis wasn't there! Have you ever been to the beaches in Florida? They are soooo warm in late summer that it is perfect! Aaron won't get in until then and I'm not sure if he'll ever get into a California beach again :)

Suz said...

What a treat to have all the people together. Travis is such a social butterfly I am sure he was devastated to miss out. Some really great photos.