Sunday, July 12, 2009

Surprise!

My sister Alyssa is in town for a few more days, before heading home to Alaska. She turns 30 next month, and so we decided to surprise her with an early birthday party. Her husband, Nate, did an awesome job at convincing her to come back to my Dad's house, even though she was mad about it. She had no idea, and was brought to tears by the surprise!

It was really a fun party...complete with Silly String, a piñata, a tiara and feather boa, a cute princess cake, and of course, lots of good friends, and family. We decided Lys deserved to be the princess for the day because she lives with all boys and never gets to do girly things.


We had lots of fun being silly together, and celebrating with Alyssa!


No party is complete without a few gifts!


I am so grateful for my sister, Alyssa! She is a huge example to me for good, in so many ways. She's a strong, beautiful woman, and a great momma! I love her and I'm glad that she's a part of my life. I just wish she lived closer! Happy 30th Lys! I hope this is one of your best years yet!!

4 comments:

Jolene said...

So glad it went off without a hitch. Good to see pic of Alyssa. Miss pictures of Addi.

Sonia said...

Wow I haven't seen Alyssa in such a long time, she looks great! Looks like a fun party. BTW, I remember when I gave blood in high school and you wouldn't even come in the auditorium to wait for me... You are a chicken:)

Nate and Alyssa said...

THANKS NAT!! You girls are Awesome!! I love you and had so much fun with you! I am going to steal all of these pictures for my blog too. I am working on getting a CD of all the vacation pictures for you guy!! Love you thanks again for the awesome birthday party!! Not everyone gets to turn 30 twice!!

Iris said...

What a fun party! You seem to do so many fun things with family. I think that is great!