Tuesday, November 24, 2009

In the Spirit of Thanksgiving

I have so much to be thankful for...

These two top my list!

I challenged myself in September to say "I'm Thankful for..." prayers. To read the post, click here. I did well for awhile, then I slunk back into my normal habits of always needing.

On Sunday, the speaker related ingratitude to 'a hog hungrily eating acorns at the base of a tree without looking up to see where the acorns were coming from.' In my mind that picture just clicked. So often, I am a hog. I eat and eat, and continue to eat. But, what if the acorns stopped coming, only then would I think to look from where they came and squeal in protest for more.

I am going to try more fervently this time, to show real gratitude and appreciation for all my blessings.

What are you thankful for?

3 comments:

Meghan said...

you. and your blog to teach me little lessons like this.

and a bunch of little lessons that are quietly sleeping in the other room. and the man that helped me make those lessons. and my job. and a healthy household. and my mama. and sisters. and target. and running water. and ice cream.

ok. it's getting outta control now.

Jolene said...

12 (and 2 halves) blessings, my family!

Jer said...

YOU! and your sisters and hubbies and kids and my new chair...thank you... the land in which we live and the gospel. Thanks for the reminder.