Thursday, June 4, 2009

14th Month!



Addi is 14 months old today. Wow! I officially have a toddler, and it really just dawned on me today, as I watched her play at the park. She's not really a baby any more. While a bit sad, it's really a good thing that she is growing up. She is more fun with every new day because she is learning, and always making me laugh. I think for the most part, Addison is out of her nasty stage..(knock on wood)! Last month was rough, and I struggled a lot with her tantrums, but she's grown out of them, as she has learned to communicate a bit more. She still only talks when she wants to, and not a ton, but she has learned to point to things that she wants, which really helps. Hopefully one of these days, we will find something that will help us be able to make it through Sacrament meeting, which is still the biggest struggle of all!!




Addison is my little pal. She is so fun, and I love spending my time with her. Lately, she has an obsession with spoons. She goes over to the drawer with her sippy cups, bowls, and silverware, and always pulls out a spoon, along with everything else in the drawer, but the spoon is the only thing that goes with her out of the kitchen. She carries it around all day. It's a lot safer than the pen she was carrying, but still weird! Addi also loves her books. She will let me read about half of a book to her before she is bored and gets another one for me to read. She loves to pull them off of her shelf in her room. It's usually a book in one had and a spoon in the other!

She has also started to love her sun glasses. Her cousin Ethan, and I were able to convince her how cool she looks in them, and now she won't take them off. What a funny little girl!!



I love you Addi! Thanks for being my favorite little gal!

7 comments:

Jodi and Josh said...

She is so cute! I can't believe how quick she's growing up!!

Ann-Marie said...

Sacrament meeting IS the hardest!!! Our latest "quiet weapons" are Yo-go's & stickers! She's so cute!

Tom, Beth, and Ainsley said...

She is so cute! She looks like a toddler now too! Lost the baby look-with so much hair! She is adorable. I love the sunglasses. Wish ainsley would wear hers, she immediately pulls them off. They are really cute on Addi!

Meghan said...

i love her piggie tails and her glasses even more. glad she's over the tantrums (if only for awhile). she is a doll.

Chelsea said...

Oh I love this post- it's so fun to read all about another babe aroound the same age as Blake- I too feel like we have gotten over a hard stage and still trying to figure out sacrament meeting!! She is just a little princess- I love the spoon- Blake always has some sort of utinsil in his hand

Jolene said...

I love her little bug eyes. And she really doesn't want them to come off. I'll always take her during Sac. Mtg. if you need me too. When Kelli was this age, we didn't allow her to go to Sac. Mtg. she was soooo bad. (Love ya Kell)

Iris said...

The time has gone by so fast. I feel like you were just about to have her yesterday. She is adorable. You & Travis have done a great job with her. And, her sunglasses are so cute on her =).