Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Biness Trip..

Travis is in Carlsbad, California, on a business trip..or should I say biness trip. He's really not working. He's in training all day, but he told me that he already knows most of the stuff, and so it's not too serious. He's been there two days, and already managed to make two trips to the beach..lucky! He took his XBox with him, and lucky for him, his cell phone doesn't get reception in the hotel room, or so he says, and so not even his wife can bug him. He's in heaven!

I, on the other hand, am not in heaven! I am missing him! It's been two days, and I'm pathetic! I am used to sleeping by myself, but I always knew Trav would be home in the morning, or that he was upstairs asleep. It is hard knowing that he IS NOT here...and won't be for THREE more days! I guess you never really appreciate what you have until it is gone. My husband is great, and I love him..I'm glad he's mine!

Last week, Trav started his new job at Primary Children's Hospital. We're officially members of the "Normal" club again because Travis now works the DAY SHIFT! He got hired as the Nurse Auditor. As far as I know, (Travis is horrible with details), he will be reviewing patient charts for accuracy, and assisting nurses to chart things correctly. He did the same job up at Davis Hospital while he was in nursing school, so he's already an old pro. He says he loves PCMC because he's getting praise, and credit for things that people would just ignore at Davis. He will most likely be working 10-hour shifts, Tuesday-Friday. He stayed on at Lakeview, because they love him there, and offered him more money to stay, and he wanted to keep up his nursing skills. So, he will pick up one shift a week there, mostly likely on Sunday nights. The transition from night to day is rough, but with Monday as his day off, he should be okay.

I'm proud of Travis for being brave enough to take risks, and driven enough to make his life exactly what he wants it to be. He's done really well, and I'm extremely grateful for his desire to continue to be better each day. The guy never settles, and it has paid off! Way to Go, Trav!!

3 comments:

Katie Jo said...

i'm so sorry that you are lonely! I'm at home if you want to go play and have fun!! Travis is a great guy, and i'm glad that he is working day shifts now!!! YEAH!!!

The Fisher's said...

Being apart is never easy - even a night is hard :) Glad you can become "normal" now...hahaha...there is no true normal in this family ;)

Chelsea said...

Wow the job sounds perfect!! I LOVE PCMC- jealous!! I never like being home alone without Ben, my imagination goes crazy and freak myself out. Also, taking care of a 14 month old by yourself with no breaks is tiring!!