Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Twenty-One



Addison turned twenty-one months old on the 4th. She is so big, and so darling! She keeps me on my toes every single minute, but I am thankful for the constant exercise! Addi is a chatterbox! She says so many things, there's no way to keep track! My favorites lately are: "Mmmmm, it's delicious!", "Mom, I see a pig.", "I don't think so...", "Mom, I need juice, please." Sentences are in full bloom, and it funny to hear her construct them! I say this every month, but it is so true...I just don't know how she got so big so fast!

Addison goes down the stairs like a big girl. It scares me, but she's perfecting it everyday. She still loves to put things in little groups, and the group in something else, like a box or a shoe. I have little piles of things all over my house.

Addi is absolutely OBSESSED with Mickey Mouse Clubhouse! I have really limited her TV time, but seriously, if she doesn't watch at least 2 episodes of "Me Mouse", then we have a serious EPISODE of our own. She can name every single character, even the obscure ones like Pete and Professor Von Drake. My favorite is when she says Goofy, it comes out as "Goopy".

Bargaining with toddlers should be easy, but believe me..it's not. Addison has a mind of her own, and really knows what she wants. I love that she can tell me what she needs now, but sometimes it's a pain, especially at bedtime! We usually put her down for bed at 8 PM. Lately though, it's been a marathon just to get the girl to sleep. She asks for juice, when I say no, she asks for milk, when I say no, she asks for water, when I say no, she says she wants to lay in mom's bed, when I say no she asks to read a book...and so on. Finally, I just kiss her head and leave her screaming in her crib. She then climbs out, with a thud, and is headed down the stairs before I catch her, and make her go back up. It's not a fun stage!

I love Addison so much, and I'm so so lucky to be her mom, or "Mamo" as she sometimes calls me! I love you, big girl!!

5 comments:

Jer said...

What a beauty! Just like her mamo!!
So glad this little girl came into our lives 21 months ago.

Jolene said...

What a dream of a little one. She delights my soul and makes me happy. Her smile just melts me. Can't imagine like without her.

Nate and Alyssa said...

She is so cute!! I can't believe how big she is getting!!

Chelsea said...

Nat- what a cute post. I am impressed with the sentances, what a smart girl! We have the same TV obsession but its with Diego- we have to limit TV time too- so funny. It was SO fun seeing you guys and love that we can keep in touch through blogs!! Happy New Year

Meghan said...

love the mamo. she is getting so big. do you actually curl her hair? jealous. i also love the most that she has spunk. sorry that spunk is keeping you up at night...